Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Till next time...


29 May 2007

So this is it. My last few hours in Togo. Last night they held a going away party for me with musicians and dancers and the gift exchange. At first I thought they weren't that excited about the 2 motorcycles, but this morning I realized that they were basically dumbfounded. They couldn't believe what had just happened. Joseph said that it was the first time that they had ever received such a gift, and couldn't even find the words to thank the people who had made it happen.

He said they will write a small letter of thank you, but it might not be ready before I leave. So I am signing out for now with pictures of last night's reception and of this morning with some of the staff around the two bikes.

Thank you so much for following my blog, and especially to those who contributed to this much appreciated present. I can guarantee that it will be put to excellent use in visiting the borrowers who are out in the small towns that no one else is reaching.

I'm not usually much of a writer, but this has been a great way to both remember what's happened here and to let others follow along. I hope you've enjoyed it.

Love,
Dalia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have been in my heart throughout this entire journey. i love you and am so happy for you and your growth. i can hear your soul singing (well mostly see it dancing) with pure passion. you are an inspiration. see you soon, please. SO MUCH LOVE.

Anonymous said...

I've really enjoyed reading about your adventures, and I'm sorry to see your visit come to an end.

It's great that you were able to leave them with two motorcycles, since that appears to be the best way to travel the country roads, and they are also fuel efficient.

I hope to read about another trip soon. Thanks for sharing this one with us.